In recent days, offroad racing has seen a shift toward high-grip surfaces; use of artificial turf, carpet and even high-grip dirt has become more and more prevalent. Last year’s World Championships was held on a dirt track where the surface was covered with sugar water to increase the grip.
With these developments in the offroad racing scene, the YZ-2 was designed from the ground-up to perform its best in today’s high-speed, high-grip race tracks.
By employing a super-low center-of-gravity motor mount and gearbox, the YZ-2 has realized an unprecedented weight balance never seen before in offroad racing cars, resulting in dramatically reduction of traction rolls on high- grip surfaces, and improved overall stability of the car.
An innovative steering design where the wiper swing action is directed toward the rear of the car affords a more direct steering response compared to conventional designs. The hard-coated, low-friction anodized aluminum cylinders leads to smoother shock absorbing movements which allows better driving characteristics.
Also, quick alignment adjustments can be made without the need of optional parts by replacing the bushings of the front hub carrier and rear suspension mounts, a quality that can be an advantage in adapting quickly to various track conditions.
Everything about the Yokomo YZ-2 has been designed to provide an advantage for racers in today’s offroad racing scene.
Yokomo YZ-2 Buggy Features:
- Super-low center-of-gravity motor mount and gearbox
- Variable skid angles (0, 2.5, 5 degrees) by replacing the bushingofthe front hub carrier
- Variable toe-in and skid angle by replacing bushings of the rear suspension arms
- Newly-designed aluminum steering rack
- Aluminum rear suspension mount
- Aluminum front upperarm mount
- Aluminum front suspension arm mount support
- One-piece aluminum main chassis
- Support for both stick and shorty LiPo batteries
- Carbon graphite battery plate
- Dual-pad slipper clutch
- Aluminum front and rear hex wheel hubs
- 4mm-thick carbon graphite front and rear shock towers
- Low-friction, hard-anodized shock cylinders
- Newly-designed cab forward racing body